Colorado Wedding Ministers

We Do I Do For YOU!

header photo

Frequently Asked Questions....

What really is the definition of a wedding officiant? Are you different from a wedding minister? 

A wedding officiant or wedding minister is a person who is ordained to perform wedding services. They are one of the very few people who can perform a wedding service here in Colorado. Colorado law states that you must be married by an ordained minister, priest, rabbi, or judge. We are all ordained officiants and licensed ministers.

Do you perform ceremonies for same-sex couples?

Of course! We are happy to perform a same sex commitment ceremony. Your love and commitment for each other is reason enough to celebrate.  

​Do you do non-religious wedding ceremonies?

Yes, we do this is your day so we do it your way!

How much does a wedding minister or wedding officiant cost? Do you have any hidden officiant fees? 

Our prices are based on your needs and location. And no, we don't have any hidden fees, everything is outlined on our contact. Please contact us for more information.

Do you charge for extra for unity ceremonies?

No, we do not charge extra for unity ceremonies, and we offer many unity ceremony items at a very affordable cost.

Are your wedding ministers near me?

We are located in Aurora, Colorado and travel everywhere in Colorado and the lower parts of Wyoming.

How long of a notice do you need in order to book a ceremony?

Depending on the type of ceremony it could be 2 hours to 6 months. If you are seeking an Elopement Ceremony, please give us at least 2 hours to arrive to your location and prepare ourselves to honor you and your new partner. If you looking to do a Basic Ceremony a minimum of 2 weeks is requested to create your ceremony. A Premium Ceremony  has a request of at least 1 month in order to create that ceremony that you are dreaming of. The Colorado Wedding Ministers do understand that time can just fly by so exceptions can be made in a case by case basis. Many couples book us on an average of 6 to 12 months in advance, so to reserve your date you will have to put down a 50% deposit, guaranteeing your date and services.

How long is the ceremony?

A simple Elopement ceremony can last just 5-15 minutes depending on the choice of wedding/commitment words you choose. The Basic or Premium ceremonies can last a bit longer. It does depend on the wording and the different inclusions that have been added to the ceremony. For instance if you choose the Premium ceremony and have the Rose, Hand and Unity Sand, added to your ceremony it can last around 30 minutes. A simple Unity Candle can last 20 minutes. You can get quite creative in a 20-25 minute ceremony. Most of our ceremonies just last 12 minutes, with just 5-8 minutes to get everyone up and back to the ceremony location. Please let us know if time is a factor and we can adjust the ceremony to fit your needs. 

What do your officiant wear?

Our gentlemen wear subdued suits and ties. If requested they can even wear a robe and stole. Our lady ministers also wear a subdued or black suits or dresses., They can wear a robe and stole if you like. This is your wedding and your choice. Just let us know what you would prefer and we will do our best to accommodate you.

Do you charge for mileage?

No, we don't charge for mileage within a 40 mile radius of Denver. We waive the trip charges for parts of Colorado Springs, Estes Park, Loveland and various other cities. Please contact us for the full list.

Wedding License Information


The license is $30.00 or less and can be purchased at any county Clerk and Recorders office. We do recommend that you bring cash as many don't do check or credit card. We recommend that you order 3 copies, one for each of you and a spare. Many work places, insurance companies and government offices will only accept a certified copy.

How do I get a license?

Both you and your fiancé must appear together at the Clerk and Recorders office. If one of you are unable to attend (hospitalization, incarceration, out of state ect.) you then must get an absentee application and have it notarized before coming in for you license.

If you are out of state or pressed for time, you can fill out the license on line and pick it up when it is convenient for you. And no, in the State of Colorado, you don't need a blood test, and you will receive your license immediately after filling out the form.

What do I need to bring?

You will need to bring government issued ID such as your drivers license, visa, passport, state or military ID.  If you have been divorced or widowed in the last 6 months you will need to bring documentation, if it has been longer just let them know the date.

Other important information-

You also need to use your license within 30-35 days of purchase, and must be filed depending on the county you have 50-65 days to file your license. A part of our services is to file the license for you so there is one less thing to worry it. There is a late fee if not filed in a timely manner which varies from state to state.

If you perform your ceremony yourselves, or had an immedate family member marry you, you may not be legally married. In the state of Colorado you must be married by a judge, or clergy person to be married.

​That paper that your received from the county and will be returned to you via mail is your license! Please keep it in a safe place and after receiving it you can change your name. 

For places to change your name, please check out our Change your Name page.

Locations to get your marriage license

Adams County Clerk

450 South Fourth Ave
Brighton, CO 80601



Alamosa County Clerk

P.O. Box 630
Alamosa, CO 81101



Arapahoe County Clerk

5334 South Prince
Littleton, CO 80166



Archuleta County Clerk

P.O. Box 1507
Pagosa Springs, CO 81147



Bent County Clerk

P.O. Box 350
Las Animas, CO 81054



Boulder County

County Clerk

2020 13th St, 2nd Flr.
Boulder, CO 80302



Chaffee County Recorder

P.O. Box 699
Salida, CO 81201



Cheyenne County Clerk

51 South 1St St
Cheyenne Wells, CO 80810



Clear Creek County Clerk

P.O. Box 2000
Georgetown, CO 80444



Conejos County Clerk

P.O. Box 127
Conejos, CO 81129



Costilla County Clerk

P.O. Box 308
San Luis, CO 81152



Delta County

Clerk & Recorder

5th & Palmer
Delta, CO 81416


Montrose County Clerk

320 So. 1St St
Montrose, CO 81401



Morgan County Clerk

P.O. Box 1399
Fort Morgan, CO 80701



Otero County Clerk

P.O. Box 511
La Junta, CO 81050



Ouray County

Clerk & Recorder

541 4th St
Ouray, CO 81427



Park County Clerk

Clerk & Recorder

501 Main St, Annex Bldg.
Fairplay, CO 80440



Phillips County Clerk

221 S. Interocean
Holyoke, CO 80734



Denver County Clerk

1437 Bannock, Room 200
Denver, CO 80202



Douglas County Clerk

P.O. Box 1147
Castlerock, CO 80104



Eagle County

Marriage License

P.O. Box 537
Eagle, CO 81631



El Paso County

 Clerk & Recorder

200 S. Cascade
Colorado Spring, CO 80901



Elbert County Clerk

P.O. Box 37
Kiowa, CO 80117



Fremont County Clerk

615 Macon, Room 100
Canon City, CO 81212



Garfield County

Marriage License

109 8th St Suite 200
Glenwood Spring, CO 81601



Gilpin County Clerk

Clerk & Recorders Office

203 Eureka, P.O. Box 429
Central City, CO 80427



Grand County Clerk

308 Byers
Hot Sulpher Spg, CO 80451



 Gunnison County

Clerk & Recorder

200 East Virginia
Gunnison, CO 81230



Huerfano County Clerks

400 Main St
Wallsenburg, CO 81089



Pitkin County Clerk

506 East Main
Aspen, CO 81611



Prowers County Clerk

Recorders Office

P.O. Box 889
Lamar, CO 81052



Pueblo County Clerk

215 West 10th St
Pueblo, CO 81003



Rio Blanco County

Clerk & Recorder

500 Main St
Meeker, CO 81641



Rio Grande County Clerk

P.O. Box 160
Del Norte, CO 81132



Routt County Clerk

P.O. Box 773598
Steamboat Sprin, CO 80477



San Juan County Clerk

P.O. Box 466
Silverton, CO 81433